News Archives

Negotiations Break Off Again, Proposal not Well-received

November 21st, 2012 at 4:28 PM
By Frank Vajcner

The NHL and NHLPA have ended negotiations for the day.

NHLPA head Donald Fehr said that Wednesday's meeting failed to produce any progress on major issues.

The union had sent a proposal to the league eariler today, which left both sides less than $40 million apart annually over the next five years.

Fehr had said that he hoped the proposal would lead to a new CBA.

"It was comprehensive," said Fehr of the offer. "It's an effort, about as good as we can do, to try and see if there's an agreement that can be reached."

"We've moved in their direction previously on a couple of the player contracting issues. The rest are very, very important to the players."

Neither side is expected to meet over the holiday weekend.

The NHL has canceled 327 regular season games since the lockout began in September. The next batch of games to be canceled could come as early as Friday, including the All-Star Game, per TSN's Darren Dreger.

Tags: Detroit, Detroit Red Wings, Donald Fehr, Hockey, NHL, NHLPA

No related posts.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Login with: