The injury bug has claimed another victim.
The Red Wings have recalled forward Joakim Andersson from the Grand Rapids Griffins to take Bertuzzi's spot in the lineup. Bertuzzi had been playing on the second line with Pavel Datsyuk and Valtteri Filppula. Danny Cleary will likely move up from the third line, while Andersson plays on the third line.
Andersson brings good size with him (6-2, 200) and good skill set with 27 points (10 goals, 17 assists) in 36 games with the Griffins. He has also been a net presence on the power play (a la Tomas Holmstrom).
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Todd Bertuzzi: ‘I See Us Losing a Year’
- Injury Update: Mursak, Gustavsson Out Against Columbus
- Bertuzzi Out for Several Weeks with Illness
- BREAKING NEWS: Bertuzzi Does not Have Mono
- Three Questions: Assessing the Red Wings After Three Games
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/psh